Making the Crooked Places Straight

Years ago, in a dream, God spoke these words to me: “I will make the crooked places straight.” This morning, while listening to my favorite daily podcast from Church of Entrepreneurs, the subject was ‘God Will Make Your Crooked Path Straight.’ This prompted me to look up the scripture in Isaiah 45:2-4: 2 I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron: 3 And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel. 4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me. This is so powerful! In every child of God, there is a destiny burning bright before them. Too many times, we rely on our own strength and understanding, and before we know it, we find ourselves on a path that is crooked, twisting and weaving in such a way, that our destiny is no longer visible and we’ve become distracted. One thing I’ve learned about God over the years, He never forsakes that which He intends for us. Even when we find ourselves discouraged and lost on a road created by our own doing, He’s there walking ahead of us to straighten that path back out. If you set your sights back on Him, you’ll see that beautiful destiny come back into view. The choices we make can cause our paths to become crooked: A relationship that God didn’t intend for you; a career or business not ordained by God, but the promise of wealth caused you to be drawn away; and allowing the enemy to plant seeds of doubt in your mind, causing you to doubt your worth and ability. We must stay rooted in God through reading, studying and applying His word in our lives every ‘day. We must build a powerful prayer life so that we can recognize AND obey His voice when He’s warning us. Through God’s Word and a righteous life, You will feel a constant presence, and fear and doubt will melt away. Push towards that type of relationship with Him and you will be allowed to enter into His presence and experience such a feeling of glory, that nothing on this earth could ever compare. Keep your eyes on Him as He straightens out that crooked path and you will reach that destiny victoriously.

Comments